We could sip these immune system boosting smoothies all day...
The best way to stay healthy and prevent illnesses starts with nourishing and protecting our bodies from the inside out.
Lets start with this immune boosting green smoothie .
Obviously the famous 'green smoothie' is far from new, but definitely something we all need to keep in our recipe lists, especially at a time like this. Plus who knows, our version my have a twist or something extra that yours doesn't!
Science has proven that the immune system can be boosted by eating the right, vibrant and vitamin-fortified, antioxidant-filled foods. Green smoothies are one of the easiest ways to get your daily intake of goodness.
- 1 cup roughly chopped spinach and kale.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mix of mango, pineapple, and kiwi chunks or from fresh!
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 lemon - juiced
Use both kale and spinach in this recipe for a big dose of vitamin C. Both provide the antioxidant punch your immune system needs.
Next up, something sweet: Mango chunks (huge in vitamin C), pineapple and kiwi.
Then add an extra squeeze of lemon juice, this adds a fresh citrus taste.
Added extra: We like to add some fresh ginger into the mix to help prevent or fight against cold and bugs even more. Ginger has been proven to help with nausea, pain and inflammation, General things that may occur with a common cold!
Next up the orange probiotic Immunity Boosting Smoothie. Perfect for breakfast or on the go. A vegetable and fruit based yogurt smoothie rich in vitamin C, Vitamin A, fiber, and Calcium.
- 1/2 a cup of fresh Orange
- Carrots – Vitamin A rich vegetable
- Dates – Rich in potassium and Fiber
- Chia seed - Rich in omega 3’s, plant protein, and fiber
- Ginger and cinnamon - Soothing for digestion
- Coconut oil (optional) but helps you absorb fat soluble vitamins.
- Kefir Yogurt
1. Peel your carrot and oranges.
2. Place carrots, orange, and juice in a blender. Blend under a thick juice if formed.
3. Next add your chia seeds, yogurt, spices, ginger, and coconut oil.
4. Blend again.
And voila a healthy well balanced immune system boosting smoothie ready to go!