Do you need a standout appetizer for your next gathering? These delicious balsamic steak crostinis by @firehousegrub can quickly and easily pull together to wow your guests without spending hours focusing on an appetizer.
These simple appetizers will deliver all the classic flavor you’re looking for while keeping your guests coming back for more. We’re sure the night won’t end without you handing out your recipe.
The flavor of the beef pairs perfectly with the cheese and balsamic for a perfect melt-in-your-mouth experience. You’ll want to make sure you use quality meat to get the recipe to taste the best. We recommend using our Dynasty Santoku knife for thinly slicing your steak to the perfect cut for the recipe.
- Your choice of steak (we like using Filet)
- 2 diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 Tbs fresh chopped basil
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh mozzarella
- French baguette cut into slices
- Balsamic glaze
- In a small bowl, combine Roma tomatoes, garlic, and basil with olive oil. Stir to combine the ingredients—season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pat dry the steak to remove excess liquid and season. Cook steak accordingly. We like to cook the steak using a cast iron skillet.
- Remove the steaks from the heat and allow them to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- While the steak rests, cut the French baguette into slices. Toast the slices of bread in the broiler on low heat for about 1 minute or until light, golden brown. Be sure to watch the bread carefully, so it doesn’t burn.
- Once the steak has rested, slice the steak into thin slices.
- Top the crostini slices with a slice of mozzarella, steak, and tomato mixture. Top the crostini with drizzled balsamic glaze, and enjoy!
Brushing the sliced baguette lightly with olive oil before toasting is best.
We recommend cooking the steak to a medium-rare or medium temperature for a great texture to the meat.
We hope you’ll try this easy appetizer recipe at your next party! It is sure to be a hit.