Everyone knows how important it is to eat your veggies. But that doesn’t mean your meals need to be boring! There are so many ways to cook chicken out there, but why are ideas so hard to come by when it’s time to make dinner?
We’ve got you covered! This chicken and creamed veggies recipe by @firehousegrub is the perfect way to get your daily serving in while still enjoying a delicious and savory meal. And the best part is how simple and easy this recipe is! All you need is our Dynasty Petty Knife.
- 2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- Olive oil
- Tony Chachere’s seasoning
- 1 red onion, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1.5 cups chopped kale
- ¼ cup white cooking wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
*If you don’t have Tony Chachere’s seasoning, you use another type of cajun seasoning or make your own blend with salt, red pepper, black pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Generously season the chicken tenderloins with olive oil and Tony Chachere’s (or your own blend—see note above).
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and cook the chicken tenderloins for 3–4 minutes on each side. Remove cooked tenderloins from the pan and set aside.
- Add the diced onion and mushrooms to the skillet and season with more Tony’s (or your own blend). When the vegetables are almost fully cooked, add the minced garlic and kale and stir.
- Add the white cooking wine to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken, and chicken juices to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Let simmer for 3–4 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Hopefully, this recipe has convinced you that vegetables don’t have to be boring. Feel free to swap out any of the veggies above for your favorites—you can get a few different meals depending on what you use.
Eating vegetables has never been more fun with this chicken and creamed veggies recipe. It can be served over a bowl of rice or noodles, or enjoyed on its own!
Give this recipe a go for your next dinner or gathering!