Have you ever gone to a restaurant and ordered your meal, only to hear the sizzling of some delicious-smelling fajitas passing by your table? We’ve all been there. Luckily for you, chicken fajitas are something you can make at home to enjoy whenever you want!
If you’re looking for a way to spice up your next chicken meal, we’ve got the recipe for you! Our easy chicken fajita marinade will leave your taste buds tingling and your tummy satisfied. We recommend using our Dynasty Chef Knife for all your chopping needs.
- 1–1.5 lbs chicken thigh or breast
- 1 ½ cups sliced bell peppers
- ½ cup sliced onions
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1–2 tbsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Combine the vegetable oil, lime juice, water, sugar, kosher salt, cumin, garlic, smoked paprika, onion powder, and pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add 1–1.5 pounds of sliced chicken, bell peppers, and onions to the bowl and toss to coat with the marinade.
- Cover the marinade and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes up to 8 hours.
- Remove the marinade from the fridge and fry in a wok or skillet. Enjoy on tortillas or in a bowl with extra toppings like sour cream, pico de gallo, guacamole, and more!
This marinade is enough for about 1–1.5 pounds of chicken. We used 2 tablespoons of chili powder, but you can adjust depending on your spice tolerance, and use mild or spicy.
You can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, but we recommend thighs. Nothing beats the natural tenderness and juiciness!
Feel free to add some fresh herbs like chopped cilantro or sliced green onion to your marinade.
And if you want some extra spice, try adding some minced canned chipotle peppers or hot sauce, to taste.
We hope you’ll try this recipe out for dinner or your next gathering! This marinade also works for other proteins like flank steak, shrimp, or pork tenderloin.