By Alvin Pagayanan • April 14, 2020 • 1 min read
Creamy garlic parmesan chicken alfredo on the table in less than 20 minutes,
If you haven't tried this recipe yet, than why not?
Crispy golden seared chicken, mixed through a super creamy garlic parmesan Alfredo sauce! Another of our favourite recipes, perfect comfort food at its finest, and we really need comfort food at a time like this.
Lets move you off store bought pasta sauces... This chicken alfredo sauce is best homemade and so packed with flavour.
- 500g boneless skinless chicken thighs, (or breasts)
- Salt and pepper - to season
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 onion - diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine, (optional)
- 8 oz (250 g) brown mushrooms - sliced
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken broth, or stock
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) heavy cream, divided (thickened cream or light cream)
- Extra salt and pepper - to taste
- 8 oz (250 g) dry pasta, penne or fettuccini
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley - to garnish when finished
Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper
- Heat half of the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs and sear on both sides until golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil in the pot. Fry onion until transparent, stirring occasionally (for about 2 minutes). Sauté the garlic (around 30 seconds), then add in the white wine and allow to reduce to half (about 4-5 minutes). Add the mushrooms and cook for about a minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Pour in broth and 1 cup of cream; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer then add the pasta. Mix well, reduce the heat to a slow simmer while stirring occasionally, until pasta is al dente (about 15 minutes).
- Stir in the parmesan cheese until it melts through the sauce. Remove from heat immediately and slowly add in 1/4-1/2 cup remaining cream if sauce it too thick for your liking. Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- Slice the chicken into strips and stir through the pasta. Garnish with fresh parsley and extra parmesan, if desired.
Now we're hungry, how about you?