Creamy garlic parmesan chicken alfredo on the table in less than 20 minutes,
If you haven't tried this recipe yet, than why not?
Crispy golden seared chicken, mixed through a super creamy garlic parmesan Alfredo sauce! Another of our favourite recipes, perfect comfort food at its finest, and we really need comfort food at a time like this.
Lets move you off store bought pasta sauces... This chicken alfredo sauce is best homemade and so packed with flavour.
- 500g boneless skinless chicken thighs, (or breasts)
- Salt and pepper - to season
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 onion - diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine, (optional)
- 8 oz (250 g) brown mushrooms - sliced
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken broth, or stock
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) heavy cream, divided (thickened cream or light cream)
- Extra salt and pepper - to taste
- 8 oz (250 g) dry pasta, penne or fettuccini
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley - to garnish when finished
Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper
- Heat half of the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs and sear on both sides until golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil in the pot. Fry onion until transparent, stirring occasionally (for about 2 minutes). Sauté the garlic (around 30 seconds), then add in the white wine and allow to reduce to half (about 4-5 minutes). Add the mushrooms and cook for about a minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Pour in broth and 1 cup of cream; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer then add the pasta. Mix well, reduce the heat to a slow simmer while stirring occasionally, until pasta is al dente (about 15 minutes).
- Stir in the parmesan cheese until it melts through the sauce. Remove from heat immediately and slowly add in 1/4-1/2 cup remaining cream if sauce it too thick for your liking. Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- Slice the chicken into strips and stir through the pasta. Garnish with fresh parsley and extra parmesan, if desired.
Now we're hungry, how about you?