There are many ways to prepare garlic noodles, so feel free to tweak this recipe to suit your preferences. No matter how you prepare them, these buttery noodles are simply delicious.
Make sure to use proper knives and other kitchen wares when making this recipe. When you use high-quality utensils, cooking is as simple as can be.
So, ready to get started? Here’s how to make delicious garlic noodles from scratch!
To make these garlic noodles, you will need:
- 12 ounces of spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 8 cloves of fresh garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon of chili flakes (optional)
- 4 tablespoons of butter (unsalted)
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, follow this step-by-step process.
- Boil the pasta according to the box’s directions. (Tip: If you want a quicker and cheaper option, you can use instant ramen noodles.)
- In the meantime, melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add the sliced garlic to the melted butter and cook until lightly caramelized. Be careful not to overcook the garlic to keep it from turning bitter.
- Add the oyster sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, and brown sugar to the skillet and stir well.
- Add the chopped green onions and let them cook until they wilt.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir into the sauce until it melts.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and toss until well-coated.
Now, your noodles are ready to enjoy! This recipe for garlic noodles makes 5-6 servings, so it’s perfect for a family dinner.
For a complete meal, consider serving your garlic noodles with some sauteed shrimp and steamed vegetables.