Quarantine, Self isolation, Boredom ...
These trying times are hard for us all, but what it doesn't mean is we have to stick to standard quick and easy microwave or ready meals. Lets all experiment now we have all the time in the world.
Here at the cooking guild we are going to give you weekly recipes (Our favourite lock down dishes) to try and spice up your cooking skills or just generally try something a little different with all the food you may have at home.
You will want these recipes on LOCK DOWN, so take note.
This weeks recipe has got to be the Steak and Cheese sandwich.
The secrets of a great cheese steak sandwich are the quality of the ingredients and the thinness of the raw beef. The beef is best when cut into to thin slices (witch obviously our knives are best for achieving the desired result).
A hearty quarantine meal.
Steak and Cheese sandwich
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the beef into the thinnest slices possible, then flatten the slices using a meat tenderiser. Refrigerate slices until ready to cook.
2. Peel and halve onion. Slice into thin half moon pieces. Halve the peppers, remove and discard seeds, and then slice into thick wedges.
3. Warm 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan over low heat. Add the onions and cook 8 to 10 minutes, after 8 -10 minutes, sprinkle some salt and balsamic vinegar over the onions, and if you want, you can add some sugar to help with the caramelization process, stirring frequently. Do not allow them to brown. Transfer onions to bowl; add pepper to same pan, still over low heat. Cook peppers 10 to 15 minutes, until soft and tender, flipping often. Transfer to bowl with onions. Season onion-pepper mixture to taste. Cover bowl to keep warm.
4. In a clean pan, warm the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Cook the beef in 2 batches, until lightly browned and cooked through, stirring often. Add olive oil if necessary.
5. To serve: Spread or drizzle on some sweet chili sauce onto the panini's. Next pile beef strips, peppers, onions and cheese slices (of your choice inside a panini sub or bread of your choice.
Now get eating!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Thin slices of potato slow cooked in the oven with cream and garlic – the most decadent of side dishes. Perfectly paired with steak.
This rich creamy side dish doesn't take any time at all!
Creamy garlic parmesan chicken alfredo on the table in less than 20 minutes,
If you haven't tried this recipe yet, than why not?
Crispy golden seared chicken, mixed through a super creamy garlic parmesan Alfredo sauce! Another of our favourite recipes, perfect comfort food at its finest, and we really need comfort food at a time like this.
An American classic, and one of our favourite recipes here at the cooking guild.
The meat is slow-cooked then shredded or ‘pulled’ and layered with BBQ sauce, pickles and slaw in a soft brioche bun, super easy, super tasty...